Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Repeat of Yesterday

I had so much fun with both of the sketch challenge cards I posted yesterday that I used the sketches again. I even used the same patterned papers for the bird card using Anna's sketch. They were still out on my desk so I just grabbed them and made a second card. For the base of this card I used SU river rock instead of sahara sand. The bird stamp is from Inkadinkado and I colored directly on the stamp with my markers then stamped him on the white cardstock. The pearl center on the flower is from a package of Hillary Duff iron on pearls. I found them on clearance in the bead section at Michael's and I thought they would be perfect for cards so I bought a package. I really like how they look with the Prima flower.

For the SCS sketch challenge I pulled out my Stampendous Parkscape stamp. I used my markers on this stamp also then sponged some old olive on the bottom for grass and sky blue to the top. The designer papers were scraps and the brown is chocolate paper from Paper Source. The blue layers are SU soft sky. The 3 faux brads are more Hillary Duff clearance stuff from Michael's. They are iron ons that I'm guessing you would use to decorate clothes or bags but I used some popdots and mounted them on my card as brads. As always, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I love the pink card. The colors are so nice.