Friday, February 1, 2008

Valentine Crab

I finally pulled out the Crab & Company set that I won from Lynda's blog and used it to make a valentine. I love this set but just haven't found the time to use it. I knew it was time when I was looking at my Have a Heart set and noticed the heart in that set would be perfect for a balloon bouquet for 'crabby'.

I stamped the crab and several hearts with Palette hybrid ink on SU whisper white and then colored them with my copic markers. Then I cut them all out and set them side. I pulled out some assorted paper scraps for the layout and punched a scalloped oval to mount crabby on. He is mounted on pop dots for some dimension. Next I added silver cording to each of the heart balloons and mounted them with pop dots also. I tied the cords together and attached them to crabby's claw with a glue dot. The silver cording is from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. For the finishing touch I added some staples to the pink flowered strip of designer paper for the SCS Ways to use it challenge from yesterday.
As always, thanks for stopping!

No comments: