Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let's talk about Clear and Simple Stamps

Have you checked out Clear and Simple Stamps?

Clear and Simple Stamps was created by a mother - daughter duo and has grown ever since. Both fashion designers by trade turned fanatic stamp artists. While the daughter spent time as an editor at the world's top fashion magazine and the mother starting a new hobby as a stamp enthusiast, the idea to create trendy, clear, polymer stamps with style was born. It all started with sketching Simple Darlings. The owners love fashion, and all the great accessories that go along with it. But why make just plain flat sketches? They have turned their fun and fabulous designs into stamp art! Each image is hand illustrated and transformed into a clear polymer stamp. To sum it up in one word, Clear and Simple Stamps style is 100% DIVALICIOUS and is here to spread a little diva style one stamp art project at a time.


I was recently selected to join their design team and am happy to share my projects with you. Let's start with this altered prima can. I stamped the shoes and purse stamps from the Diva Style Closet set in black and then went over them with my black stickles to make them sparkle. Once the stickles were dry I cut them out. I cut a circle for the lid and attached the shoes. For the label on the can I stamped "fashionista" on a large piece of designer paper and then used my oval coluzzle to cut the oval shape but left the ends extending past the oval. I matted the label on black and then added black stickles to the letters. I mounted the label with tacky strip and added the purse with dimensionals. For the finishing touch I tied some ribbons to the handle.





Here's a closeup of the label on the front.



For my photos I dropped in a couple of bottles of nail laquer but how cute would this be with a bottle of polish, a buffing block, a nail clip, and a pair of fishnet stockings!

So many possibilities.

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out Clear and Simple Stamps. They just added some adorable grad stamps to the store!

No comments: