Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Paper Stockings

All of the older nieces and nephews get money for Christmas so each year I try to come up with a way to package the money other than just putting it in a card. This year I tried making paper stockings. I cut out two stocking shapes, sewed them together and then added a faux fur top. The create the faux fur top I cut white cardstock to 2 x 4, ran it through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder, rounded the corners and then attached it to the stocking with scor-tape.



For my assistant I went with an iTunes card and a chocolate Santa. To accommodate them I had to make the stocking a little wider.

These went together pretty quickly which is great because I still have 8 more to make. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

This is such a great project Beth! The stockings are GORGEOUS and I know they'll be well-received! Merry Christmas!

Nicki (CSS) said...

These are fantastic - love how different but equally fabulous they all are. What a great idea!

Catherine said...

Hi! I made your "Reindeer Noses" from your Nov 18th post for some of my work friends. They were a hit! Only I used chocolate covered ju-jubes for the brown ones and then a red sugar jelly ju-jube. So sweet! Thanks for the idea!