Friday, August 19, 2011

My first publication

Card Ideas for Paper Crafters is now available for purchase. (This issue used to be called Go-To Sketches.) It contains 72 sketches and four different takes on each sketch. It also happens to include my first published card for Paper Crafts. I was very excited when I had one of my cards accepted but then when I got an email from Creative Editor Susan Opel saying that my card had been selected for the cover I was ecstatic!


Here's my Candle Wish card that can be found on the cover and page 67. When I saw the sketch that you can see in the cover photo I immediately thought of candles. To create them I cut strips of patterned paper and rolled them around a wooden skewer. To make them look more real I added some waxed floss for wicks. Be sure to check out this issue if you haven't already. There are so many great ideas in it plus the added bonus of all those sketches for a starting point.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share in my excitement. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

OH MY GOSH Beth...that was my favorite card (but don't tell my teammate Virginia Lu...she had the skyline card ; ))
So great to meet you and find your blog...Glad to be your newest follower!

Basement Stamper said...

Yeah my friend, I'm so happy you got one of the cover cards. Glad we both made it in this issue together for the first time!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! HOOOORAY for your first publication! And it's a cover!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are super amazing--just found you through Julie--and I'm RSS feeding and FOLLOWING you!! You rock:)

Lynette said...

How VERY, VERY, VERY cool, Beth! Many congratulations to you!!!

Nicki said...

Congrats Beth - that is awesome! Love the card....so glad to see your work on the cover :)

luizepootje said...

Congrats with your card being published! Sure you will go on... Have a blessed sunday, kind regards from Holland.