Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Diamond Dusted Snowman

This week's color challenge on Splitcoaststampers is Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla and Basic Black (CC195). I decided to make a Christmas card for the challenge so I pulled out my retired A Beautiful Season set and got to work.

The snowman is stamped with Archival Jet Black ink on Sahara Sand then layered on Very Vanilla. Next I made a mat of basic black but decided to off-set that layer. The card base is black with mats of vanilla and sand. Before assembling the card I added some glossy accents to the snowman image and sprinkled it with Diamond Dust. The pine cone image behind the greeting was stamped with Aged Paper Distress Ink because I don't have sahara sand ink. The snowflake punch was also covered in glossy accents and Diamond Dust.

Supplies:

  • Stamps - Stampin Up A Beautiful Season, Memory Box (greeting)
  • Ink - Archival Jet Black, Aged Paper Distress Ink
  • Paper - Stampin Up Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
  • Misc -Punches, Glossy Accents, Diamond Dust, Ribbon

No comments: