Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Batty For You Chalkboard

After seeing several cute cards that used the chalkboard technique, I had to give it a try so I pulled out some black cardstock, white embossing powder, white ink and some Paper Smooches stamps. I stamped the branch and bat with Frost White Colorbox pigment ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I stamped the images slightly off center a second time with the white pigment ink, added a border to the piece with a white colored pencil and then swiped my white pigment ink pad around the edges of the piece to complete the chalkboard look. I'm definitely going to try this technique again. The patterned papers are from the 6x6 Love Me pad from My Mind's Eye. The heart was die cut with Clear and Simple stamps heart die and then run through my crimper to give it some texture. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of kraft cardstock and mounted it on the heart. For the finishing touch, I wrapped some May Arts burlap string around the card.
The images are all from Kim Hughes. The branch is from an old rubber set from her time with Cornish Heritage Farms. The bat and sentiment are from her Paper Smooches Falling For You set.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're having a terrific Tuesday. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Lori Barnett said...

Get OUT!!! I've never see this technique before! Guess I better give it a try...right?! Heck...I might even toss it into a class in the near future. Thanks for the inspiration girly. AWESOME CARD!!