Monday, January 14, 2013

Friendly Little Challenge

Today I have some cards to share with you that use the My Mind's Eye - Lost and Found 2 - Blush 6x6 collection. My friend, Kim Howard and I challenged each other to make some cards using that collection since we both happened to have it in our collection of 6x6 pads.

I ended up using up my paper pad and making over 20 cards so today I will share five of the cards with you. All of these cards have sentiments from Paper Smooches.

For the first card, I stamped the LOVE sentiment from Paper Smooches Good Gab set and colored the letter with a Copic. I paper pieced the heart. The flowers were punched with an EK Success punch and paper from the Blush collection. I added Queen & Co pearls to the center.

I added several flowers to this card and then added the label piece which was cut out from another piece of paper from the collection. I stamped the LOVE sentiment from Paper Smooches Word Salad set and colored it with a Copic. For the finish touch I tied some linen thread around the card.

Card three has an embossed sentiment, some pearls, a piece of paper doily and die cut hearts. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Simply Said set and the hearts are die cuts from Clear and Simple Stamps.


I'm always in need of belated birthday cards. Despite the fact that I make cards all the time, I'm not very good about getting them in the mail so I thought I would add one to my collection of cards. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Word Salad set. I added more of the same flowers like on the first card and some burlap twine from May Arts.

Finally, I made a very simple congratulations card to have on hand. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Simply Said set. I added more May Arts burlap string, some punched flowers and a scallop border that was a die cut from AMuseStudios.


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my challenge cards. Don't forget to check out Kim's blog now. I can't wait to see what she came up with for the challenge.


Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

Very nice cards! I love all the colors you chose and the tiny flowers are stinking cute!

Basement Stamper said...

I love these challenges we do, your cards are fabulous. I love the use of the PS sentiments on all of them and your use of the framed paper is awesome!!