Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hero Arts Valentines

Recently I did some cleaning and re-organizing in my craft room and put away all of my holiday stuff so I could move on to Valentines. I pulled out a couple of Hero Arts sets and stamped several images with Archival ink on SU Whisper White and then colored them with prismacolor pencils and gamsol while I watched a movie. Cutting them all out was a little time consuming but I love the effect. I also punched out hearts and covered them with Firebrick Distress Stickles for each of them to hold. The cards are 4 inches square and not too bulky so they will mail well. I'm planning to make enough to send to all my nieces and nephews and my girlfriends children so I stuck with a pretty simple design.

This first batch is from the Happy Day Animals clear set.

This second batch is from the Playful Animals set.

For those of you experiencing this cold spell we're having here in the northern mid-west I hope you're all safe and warm! Thanks so much for stopping.

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Hero Arts & Studio G (sentiment)
  • Ink - Archival Black
  • Paper - Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Kraft
  • Misc - Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Pop dots, Punches, Swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder

5 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

CUTE!!!
It is SO cold! We had DQ at the mall last night! What were we thinking? It did taste good, but only people from MN would to that! :)
Stay warm!!

Chris said...

Wow...what a simple but powerful layout! I love it. :)

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

These are adorable and I will use them as inspiration. This will be my last opportunity to make a large batch of valentines for my kids as my son (my youngest) will be going into middle school next year and I want to make him some really special ones. Thanks for sharing your adorable cards.

Lynette said...

So cute! I hope you stay warm, too! (It's -25 here right now.)

Sonya said...

Oh I so love your blog Beth! You are very very clever. Your Bath salts jar is super cool, love it!