Thursday, December 13, 2007

Anna'a sketch challenge


Anna Wight posted a sketch challenge on her blog yesterday so while I was in my craftroom last night I had to come up with a card using her sketch. I pulled out several stamps and even stamped a couple of images but I just wasn't feeling it. Then I noticed a scrap of BasicGrey Figgy Pudding paper on my counter and started with that. The scrap was a piece I had run through my cuttlebug with a nestabilities die. I ended up with this angled rectangle in my scrap of paper and decided to use it. I pulled out some blue cardstock from my LSS (local stamp store) to layer it on then sewed around the edges. The next layer is Soft Sky from Stampin Up. The polka dot and brown are both from the BasicGrey Figgy Pudding line of papers. Instead of stamping an image for the card I punched out a snowflake with my Marvy punch to use as my focal point. I added a brown Bazzill Bitty Blossom behind the snowflake for some dimension and a large brad to the center. The snowflake is mounted with a popdot. For the finishing touch I added some May Arts ribbons. Thanks for stopping!

2 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oooooooh, love the colors! and that paper, DIVINE! Your card is just perfect! I'm so glad you enjoyed my challenge!! =) Cheers! -Anna.

Lauren said...

The layering and color combo are so eye-catching! TFS.