Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crisscross Box


Did you see the crisscross box that Nichole Heady posted on her blog the other day?! I loved her sample and was very happy to see that she shared the template.

I decided to make one for my husband. During these busy few weeks before the holidays we tend to be stressed and sometimes end up being short with those we love so I thought this would be a nice reminder of how I truly feel. The base of my box is BasicGrey Jade Motif. I brayer Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink on the inside of the box before assembling to give it a more aged look. The edges have all been sponged with SU Really Rust. For the band around the box I used a strip of SU Very Vanilla and sponged the edges with SU Really Rust and a strip of SU Chocolate Chip. I distressed the Choc Chip layer using my Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser. Then I used my nestabilities for my rectangles and stamped the Love in Choc Chip and again sponged the edges with Really Rust. For the labels on the chocolates I stamped Love on the center of each label using Choc Chip ink and then brayer them with the Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink. For a finishing touch I sponged some Really Rust on them. I used Stampin Up's tab punch on a scrap of the BasicGrey paper, sponged the edges with Really Rust, and attached it to the bag of candies with a staple.

I hope he likes it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

This is awesome. TFS!