Monday, December 3, 2007

Figgy Pudding in the house


My LSS now has Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding line of papers. And they have the new Basic Grey clear stamps too. Well, when I heard that I had to make a trip to see what I could find. They were out of the figgy pudding collection packs by the time I got there but did have some of the individual sheets for sale so I left with some of the papers plus the Winterland clear stamp set. When I saw the Winterland set I knew I wanted to try coloring the wreath so I had to buy it and bring it home to play.

I stamped the wreath on black cardstock using Colorbox white pigment ink (similar to craft ink). Once the white ink was dry I pulled out my copic markers and colored over the white image. This is similar to the chalkboard technique only instead of applying chalk over the white image I used my copic markers. Because of the detail of the image I thought my copics would work better than chalk. Once I had colored the image I added a little sparkle with my red marvy twinklette glitter marker for the berries and my stardust gel pen for the leaves. All of the designer papers are from the Figgy Pudding line and mounted on craft paper and then onto a white card base. I sponged the edges of the figgy papers with basic brown for some depth and then added some ribbon that I bought at WalMart. Thanks so much for stopping.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This card is very unique! One of the few Figgy Pudding cards I have seen that I like!