Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Coaster Ornament

I love the stocking ornament Jeanne posted on her blog Inky Paws and thought I would pull out one of my square coasters and try my hand at making an ornament. First I inked the edges of the coaster with some basic brown re-inker. Once that dried I covered the sides in Cosmo Cricket Wanted paper and sanded the edges. I used my cropodile to set the eyelet at the top and threaded some May Arts ribbon through it for the hanger. For the image panel I stamped my favorite horse stamp from Great Impressions on ivory shimmery cardstock using Timber Brown stazon. I used my corner rounder on each corner, distressed the edges and then sponged them with some of the timber brown ink. I added a layer of choc chip cardstock with rounded edges and then decided to add the 3 brads. The image panel is mounted with pop dots for some dimension. I really like the way this turned out and hope to find time to make more coaster ornaments.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Your ornament is fantastic. The background and the brads you accented with are perfect!