Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday's Inspiration

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I had a dinner party last night so the day was spend grocery shopping, cleaning, and cooking. The evening was spent entertaining and laughing with girlfriends. It was a wonderful time but didn't leave any time for crafting or posting. This morning I checked the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast and was inspired by the candles in the background of the photo. I had some candles in a drawer in my craftroom and was inspired by the photo to get one out and decorate it.


For the candle I used a strip of Kelly Penacci patterned paper cut in a 1 inch by 10 inch strip and layered a 1 1/8 x 10 inch strip of Stampin Up Buckaroo Blue under the patterned paper. The rectangle of shimmery white and scalloped buckaroo blue were cut out using my nestabilites. I stamped the flower from the Jolies Fleurs set by Lizzie Anne in Buckaroo Blue and colored it in with the same color re-inker. Then I decided to make a matching card using the same materials with a different flower stamp from the same stamp set and adding a country blue ribbon to the card. I think this will make a nice simple little gift set to have a hand. Thanks for stopping.

No comments: