Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are you ready for summer?

How about a Fourth of July project for today's post. Clear & Simple Stamps released Bravery Gent yesterday and it's perfect for all of the military people in our lives but it's also great for Fourth of July celebrations. So let's start with some sour cream containers filled with yummy chocolates.



I created my own patterned paper by using the background stamp. First I took a sheet of white cardstock and used my Scor-pal to score it every 1 ½ inches in either direction to create a grid so I could line up my stamp. Next I stamped every other square with Blue Iris chalk ink, washed my stamp and stamped the remaining squares with Lipstick Red chalk ink to create my patterned paper.



To create the containers cut your cardstock to 4x6 and glue the end of the 6 inch side together to create a 4 inch long tube. Put a little glue inside one end of the tube and flatten the end together. Now run the end through your crimper to finish the edge. On the other end pinch the ends together in the opposite direction of the finished end and run that through the crimper too. Don’t put any glue on this end! Now fill it with goodies (Hershey Kisses work great if you don’t have to worry about them melting). Once you have filled it, squish the end back together and punch a couple of holes in the crimped part to attach the ribbon. For a little extra detail I stamped some stars from the set, mounted them on a couple of layers and attached them just under the bows.

Supplies:


  • Stamps – Clear & Simple Stamps Bravery Gent

  • Ink – Colorbox Chalk Blue Iris and Lipstick Red

  • Paper - White, Navy, Riding Hood Red

  • Misc – Ribbon, Crimper, Circle punches, Nestabilities, Pop dots, Candy

1 comment:

Lynette said...

These are really cool, Beth! I'll have to try to remember them if i need something like that some day.