Thursday, September 10, 2009

Q: Can you make a globe card?

A: Um . . . sure.


I had a request last week for a birthday card with a globe on it. I printed out a globe image that I found online and used my stylus to transfer the outline of the land mass to green cardstock then cut it out. I used my craft knife to cut out the Great Lakes because the birthday gal is located on the southwestern tip of Lake Superior. Before mounting the land mass on a circle of blue that was cut out using the largest Nestabilities circle I sponged the edges of the circle with ink to try and add some dimension. The little flag was attached to a pin and inserted in the globe to show the location of the birthday gal.

I was a little worried about trying to create a globe card but I really like how it turned out. Plus it's fun to challenge yourself and try new things.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're having a wonderful week. Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Nicki (CSS) said...

OMG this is fabulous - love the globe card! And it looks so life like - excellent!

Carol O. said...

You did a brilliant job on that globe. WOW! I would not ahve the patience or skill to cut that thing out but you did a fantastic job. You GO GIRL

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow - this is fabulous Beth....love the creative idea and the colours are wonderful too....a stunning creation.

Sally-Ann....xx

Kay Kalthoff said...

WOW! You go the extra mile, don't you? lol! Fabulous card and just like you to customize it in every way . . . like cutting out the great lakes with an exacto!!! Super job, Beth!!!
Kay