Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Canvas Butterfly Birthday

Today's card is for one of my girlfriends. Her birthday was yesterday and to celebrate we went to the Rick Springfield concert this past weekend. We even dragged our husbands along. Here we are living the 80's dream, heading off to dinner and the concert. I've never been a big Rick Springfield fan but it was a very fun night.


Ok, on to the card. I used one of the new 6x6 pads from My Mind's Eye (Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing) for the sentiment panel, mat and paper flower. I added a doily, a die cut leaf and a canvas butterfly. I die cut the butterfly using canvas and the A Muse Studio butterfly die and then I stamped with the ColorBox Chalk dark brown ink and the musical note background stamp from Unity. I also sponged a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the butterfly and then added a pearl pin to the center. 

Thanks so much for stopping. I hope you're having a terrific Tuesday. Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

What a beautiful card! I love the layers.
Looks like you got a little snow up there, huh. :)

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

This is beautiful!! Thanks for the visit :) Laurel

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Congrats on being on the cover of Card Creations 10 & going to see Rick Springfield (love the 80's). Look at that snow! I live in FL and kids were swimming yesterday, had to imagine snow. What a great card you made for the cover.