Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ready for Halloween

Today I'd like to share some photos of my front porch all decked out for Halloween.

 Here's the before photo. It's looking pretty sad out here but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on pumpkins like we do most years so I started looking at what we already had.
 Here's what it looked like after I pulled out some pieces from my stash and sewed a boo banner.

The pumpkins are all the light up foam ones with faces that we've had for awhile. For the large two, I just tucked the cords into the mouths and turned them around

We bought the bone lights on clearance several years ago but they're still a favorite. I made a burlap BOO banner and attached it to the screen from our old back door.


I found the wicker chair at a sale this summer. The platter came from a sale a couple of years ago and this summer I gave it a coat of chalkboard paint. The sign is something we've had for years and I sewed the pillow case and tied it closed with twine and some orange tulle. I just rolled up an old beach towel for the pillow stuffing. Since our front porch is not covered and I was pretty sure the pillow would get wet at some point, I figured it would be easier to launder the towel "stuffing" rather than actual stuffing. 

 Here it is at night with the lights on. I love Halloween!

Thanks for stopping. I hope you're having a great day.


No comments: