Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Late Challenge Card


Here's my card for the Paper Piecing challenge (RBC11). I know it's too late for the drawing but I still wanted to share the card. I started by stamping the heart topiary from Rubbernecker in Palette hybrid black on some My Mind's Eye designer paper then cut out a circle including most of the image on the circle. Then I stamped the image again on a variety of papers for the paper piecing. For the roses part I stamped it with colorbox white pigment ink and embossed it. Next I used my nesties to make the pink scalloped circle. I set those aside and cut out the mat from core'dinations paper and did a little sanding of the piece to bring out the different core color (I know it's hard to see in the photo). Next I added the strip of My Mind's Eye to the mat and ran it through the sewing machine. Then I added the Celebrate rub-on and sponged a little ink around it to make it stand out better, adhered the scalloped circle and the heart topiary circle. Finally I added the half circle, large brad and ribbon to the top left corner.
I hope you're all having a wonderful day. It's quite chilly here today (46 right now) but the flowering crabs are starting to bloom and look so lovely that it's hard to be upset about the cold. As always, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Pretty card, I like the stamp and designer paper!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Again, I just love all your wonderful details and pretty paper.