Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gone Fishin'


I had to make a card using my new Gone Fishin' set from Inque Boutique. I love this set. I stamped the fishing rod with Colorbox chalk chestnut roan on very vanilla then covered the piece with Tim Holtz peeled paint distress ink. Then I distressed the edges with my Heidi Swapp edge distresser and mounted it on the reverse side (solid brown) of the patterned paper (Tres Jolie Oui Oui "Brothers" Circles). Next I stamped the creel and fish on vanilla paper with the same ink and colored them with my prismacolor pencils and gamsol then I cut them out and set them aside. I used vanilla for the base of the card and layered on the designer paper from Tres Jolie. Before adding the center piece with the fishing rod I attached a brad to each top corner. Once the main panels were all adhered I added the fish, then mounted the creel on pop dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Sorry for the lack of posts lately. It seems that the new year is getting off to a busy start.

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love the layout and papers.