Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Valentine Goodie Boxes

When I was in Michael's the other day the Martha Stewart Goodie Boxes were on clearance for a $1. They come in a package of 6 in either craft or white. Needless to say, I bought a few packages since the clearance price was about 15 cents per box.

I decided to make a valentine treat box for my first project with them. I pulled out some Cosmo Cricket paper from the Hey Sugar line and cut a rectangle (2.5 in x 3 in). In the center of the rectangle piece I cut a 1 1/2 x 2 inch oval using my Fiskars oval template and cutter. Then I inserted the rectangle piece with the oval cutout in my pink Marvy scallop oval punch, centered it and punched it out. This ended up creating a nice frame for the window on the box. I also added a 1/2 inch wide band around the box. For the finishing touch on the box I added a ribbon to the top.

I filled the box with Hershey nuggets covered with Avery mailing labels. I stamped them with the polka dot stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps You're so sweet set in Colorbox chalk rouge. Then I stamped a variety of stamps in the centers of each candy using Colorbox chalk warm red. I think I'll get some good use out of these boxes.

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

How cute, I will definitely have to go check out Michael's

Heather said...

I absolutely love that box! How come I didn't see them at Michael's? I need to go back and look again. Really nice project.

Carolyn King said...

What a great deal! Love what you made with it! What a cute treat box!