Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Anna's Sketch Challenge

Anna Wight posted a sketch challenge on her blog and I had the chance last night to make a card using her sketch. I decided to go with a nice soft look for my card and use some new designer papers. I started with a 5x5 base of SU sahara sand. Then I cut 2 1/4 inch squares using Martha Stewart Candyshop polka dots and Paper Heart Baby Stripes. I layered them on white and adherred them to the base. For the center image I stamped the solid heart with Ranger Seashell pink ink onto white cardstock and then the words in Colorbox chalk Rouge. Both of these stamps are from the SU Simply Said set. I sponged the edges with SU River rock ink and layered it onto sahara sand and then white. I mounted the center piece on dimensionals then added the prima and gemstone to the bottom corner.


I felt like it still needed something so I pulled out my Quickie glue pen and made dots on the heart then sprinkled it with some ultrafine glitter. This was a fun sketch to work with and I'm sure I'll be using it again.

2 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

This is beautiful!!
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the sketch! -Anna.

Alhambra Club said...

This is so soft and elegant, love it.