Monday, February 4, 2008

Bud Basics and Best Blossoms

I love the Papertrey ink sets and when I saw Amy Rysavy's card in the papertrey gallery I had to try and recreate it. I pulled out my SU Bud Basics and Best Blossoms sets and made my version of Amy's card. I had so much fun with the card that I made a second card by changing up the layout a little bit. For both cards I used SU very vanilla and some LSS blue cardstock. I stamped the leaves with Olive Pastel Colorbox chalk and then I stamped the flowers with Prussian Blue Colorbox chalk. The flowers were cut out and set aside. I used my Nestabilities to cut the rectangle panel under the flower. Then I wrapped the ribbon around the card and mounted the flower with pop dots. For a finishing touch I used my Punch Bunch to punch out a flower center and then added a crystal. Just a simple card that I think would work for many different occasions.


For the second card I stamped the leaves again but this time I mounted the flowers right on top of the leaves and then added some paper piercing down the side to fill in the space. I added the ribbon to finish it.


The temperatures have finally warmed up and now they are forecasting 3-5 inches of snow by morning. I'll take the snow over the cold any day! I hope you are all having a wonderful week.

No comments: