Friday, February 5, 2010

Emboss Resist

Are you following the challenges for the Papertrey Ink Anniversary celebration on Nichole Heady's blog? Today's challenge is to create a card using the emboss resist technique so I had to play along.

The emboss resist technique is fun and easy. I stamped the solid heart with Versamark ink on a polka dot patterned paper and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I took my Distress Ink Peeled Paint and sponged it all over the polka dot square. When you're done sponging the ink on you can take a tissue or towel and wipe any excess ink off the embossed image showing where the clear embossing resists the ink. Archival Ink will stamp on embossed images so I used that to stamp my sentiment over the top.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're having a wonderful evening!

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Papertrey Ink Heart Prints
  • Paper - Stampin Up Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip; K&Company Lovely paper pack
  • Ink - Versamark, Distress Ink Peeled Paint, Archival Ink Jet Black
  • Misc - Clear embossing powder, Lace, Ribbon, Button