Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bun in the Oven Part 3

Today's project again features one of the new sets from Clear & Simple Stamps - Bun in the Oven. I thought it would be fun to alter a frame for a baby boy so I pulled out a frame that I had picked up some time ago and started by painting the edges of the frame white because it was originally a minty green. Next I got out some Karen Foster papers and cut them to fit the frame. I attached the paper to the frame with Modge Podge and then added a layer of modge podge to the top of the paper to seal the edges on the frame. Next I pulled out my Grungeboard to make some stars. The green star was painted using a Lettuce paint dabber by Ranger and for the red star I used Fired Brick distress crackle paint also by Ranger. I stamped IT'S A BOY with Warm Red Chalk ink on the tag and attached it using yellow hemp. After I had the frame done it thought it would be fun to make a little pack of chocolates with the IT'S A BOY stamp too so I made a little holder for the chocolates and decorated them to match the frame. The directions for these little candy holders can be found on Nichole Heady's blog {capture the moment}.


Be sure to check out the Clear & Simple Stamps gallery for more samples with the new sets. Also, don't forget about the ATC Swap Extravaganza. Details on the swap can be found here. Thanks for stopping. I hope you're all having a wonderful week!

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Clear & Simple Stamps Bun in the Oven
  • Ink - Warm Red Chalk Ink
  • Paper - Karen Foster, White
  • Misc - Modge Podge, Frame, Grungeboard, Hemp, Hershey Nuggets, Transparency, Circle cutter, SU Word Window Punch, Cropodile

No comments: