Friday, February 20, 2009

Whipper Snapper Friday

Sorry for no post yesterday but I wasn't feeling well so for today's post I'll share two cards using Anna Wight's newest Whipper Snapper set Wildflower Silhouette. For the first card I used a kraft base and inked the edges with Peeled Paint distress ink, then added a layer of Prima embossed paper. For the image I used the Label 1 Nestabilities set with more kraft cardstock and instead of using ink on the floral image I used the Lettuce Paint Dabber from Ranger. Once the paint dried I added some gemstones and a sentiment from one of Anna's previously releast sets - Blooming Expressions. These sets really pair well together. I inked the edges of the label and mounted it to the card with pop dots.


For my second card today I went with a much brighter color combo (SU Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red) with a little black thrown in there too. I created the patterned paper by repeatedly stamping the larger single flower stamp in the variety of colors. I love the versatility of this set.

Thanks so much for stopping. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Both cards are beautiful, Beth! Love that you created custom DP with the small flower from the set.

Lynette said...

Love them both, Beth! Great cards.