Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More treats

Last night before I made the crisscross box for my husband I made some sour cream containers. I had a staff meeting this morning that I wanted to share them at so the rush was on to get them done. I used papers from a Creating Keepsakes holiday paper pack I purchased last year. My starting size was 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (standard quarter sheet size) and I glued the short sides together first to form a tube and then applied a little mono multi glue to one end and squeezed the end flat while the glue set. Once the glue was set I ran the end through my crimper. Just a brief turn of the handle so it made about 4 or 5 ridges. Then I filled it with some Hershey kisses and repeated the process of gluing the other end shut in the opposite direction. Again, once the glue was set I ran the end through the crimper. After I had made several I decided they needed some ribbon so I pulled out my 1/8 hole punch, punched two holes, threaded the ribbon through and tied in a bow. The ribbon is more striped organdy ribbon from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts.

They were at big hit at the meeting and I enjoyed making them. I can see I'll be making more of these in my future. Thanks for stopping.

3 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

Hi Beth - These sc containers are fantastic! I love your blog and wow - your tutorials are awesome! Even your explanations are like tutorials. I never had a clue how to do a sc container, but I do now! Thanks so much!!!

Lauren said...

You did a marvelous job with these containers. I love the choice of papers!

Laura said...

Cute! I am doing these for my son's class. I am actually about to go start them, so I don't know if this will work ell or not, but I plan to cut them 4 x6, so I can get 6 out of a 12x12 sheet.