Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tacky Tape First

I finally broke down and bought some tacky tape to use with the micro beads that I've had forever. I bought several containers of beads thinking I would make shaker cards but that didn't happen so it was time to buy some tacky tape and try using the beads another way.

The sketch for this card is from Mary Jo Albright's blog Beauty Lies Within. I started with a SU buckaroo blue base and layered that with My Mind's Eye Mademoiselle paper. The blue band is the reverse side of the striped paper. Then I stamped the inkadinkado bird stamp with chestnut roan colorbox chalk ink on SU very vanilla cardstock. I sponged the edges with timber brown stazon and layered it onto another piece of very vanilla. The next layer is buckaroo blue, then a thin mat of close to cocoa and finished with orchid opulence. For the finishing touches I added two strips of tacky tape and micro beads then two primas with a Making Memories Boho Chic Olivia brad as the flower center. The card measures 5x5. I really like how simple it is to use micro beads with the tacky tape and recommend trying it if you haven't already. Thanks for stopping!

1 comment:

mj albright said...

How adorable. Gotta love tacky tape...the beads added a unique touch to the card. Love the flower as well.
Thanks for participating in the challenge.
Happy New Year
MJ Albright