Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sewing frenzy



Now that I've tried sewing on my cards I can't stop. I hope you don't mind more cards in stitches. {giggle} I pulled out my Cosmo Cricket wanted paper again and made a couple more western cards. I love this stamp from Great Impressions paired with the Cosmo Cricket papers. This stitch reminds me of barbed wire so I thought it would go great with the theme of the card. I made the felt flower using my flower cuttlebug die and added a faux brad (an upholstery tack) to the center. The edges of the cosmo cricket panel were sponged with timber brown stazon. The horse was stamped in timber brown stazon on Very Vanilla (SU) and the edges of the panel were sponged with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen. The second card uses the same products except for the brads. I went with a little different layout for the second card and added some zigzag stitching. I wanted to use a blanket stitch around the horse panel but I couldn't get my sewing machine to cooperate.


Thanks for stopping.

No comments: