Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sneak Peak: Clear and Simple Stamps Mom and Me

Clear and Simple Stamps will be releasing several new sets on April 15th and today I wanted to share a sneak peak of the Mom and Me set.

For today’s project I would like to share this altered frame that I put together. I started with a small canvas frame that I found in the dollar section at Michael’s. I painted the canvas with a coat of Mod Podge and attached the designer paper. Once that had dried I painted another coat of Mod Podge over the top of the designer paper and then sprinkled some glitter into the wet Mod Podge. The wings are Tim Holtz Grungeboard that were painted with a Snow Cap Paint Dabber by Ranger. To apply the glitter to the wings I first coated them with a layer of Glossy Accents. I also added some glitter to the prima flowers and flat backed pearls for the flower centers. The message reads: ALL THAT I AM OR HOPE TO BE, I OWE TO MY ANGEL MOTHER – Abraham Lincoln. I sewed around the edge of the message and added some layers than wrapped a ribbon around the frame and now it’s ready to be put on the wall.

Supplies:

· Stamps – Clear & Simple Stamps Mom and Me (available April 15th)

· Ink – Distress Ink Old Paper

· Paper - White, Unmarked designer paper

· Misc – Canvas frame, Grungeboard, Snow cap Paint Dabber, Prima flowers, Pearls, Ribbon, Sewing Machine, Mod Podge, Glitter

No comments: