Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another Santa

I pulled another Santa out of my stack of colored images and put together this card. The layout for this card was inspired by the birthday card that Julia S sent me last year. Her card can be found in my stamp room and her Splitcoaststampers gallery. I encourage you to check out her blog and her SCS gallery if you're not familiar with her work. She is an amazing designer.

For my card I went with the traditional size card instead of the square layout but knew I wanted to keep the ribbon and eyelet element and the word circle with the sticker center. I found some wonderful bubble stickers at the $1 store and had to use one on this card.

The paper piercing is done by sewing a zigzag stitch without any thread. I ran my white souffle pen over the piercing for a faux stitched look. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Dasher collection and the pink is Regal Rose from Stampin' Up. I ran the pink circle under the sentiment through my Cuttlebug using the snowflake embossing folder and inked the edges with some white craft ink. Thanks for stopping.

Supplies: stamps -Santa from Papertrey Ink Believe set, Happy Holidays from Stampin' Up Riveting set; ink - palette noir black, Colorbox white craft; paper - craft, green from Bazzill Basics, Regal Rose from Stampin' Up, white from Georgia Pacific, patterned from Dasher Collection by Basic Grey; accessories - eyelets, cropodile, ribbon, cuttlebug and snowflake embossing folder, white souffle pen, tree sticker

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Love your Santa on the Kraft and the pink accents. I'm really into pink Christmas cards today. That bubble sticker works perfectly. Great card! Thanks for linking me! Hope you have a fabulous day!