Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stamp Expo in St Paul

I had the honor of demostrating Tim Holtz distress inks and various Ranger products for Rubbernecker Stamp Company at the Stamp Expo in St Paul, MN May 17th and 18th. What a weekend. Since I live 2 1/2 hours north of St Paul I had to make a weekend out of it so I took Friday off of work and drove down on Friday morning. When I arrived in St Paul I headed straight for the fairgrounds to see if I could help with setup. I spent a couple of hours helping Dave (owner of Rubbernecker) set up the booth and then I had to run to my hotel and check-in quick before Kay (aka speedystamper) came to pick me up for dinner. She and I have exchanged several cards and messages over the last couple of years but hadn't met in person so it was great to have a chance to spend some time with her! We had a nice dinner at Granite City Brewery and after dinner we spent some time wandering around Dick Blick and Archivers. It was so much fun to shop with a fellow stamper instead of with my husband or daughter who are bored after 5 minutes! Kay also presented me with the most adorable set of mini cards in the cutest little matching box. I have them on display in my craftroom so I'll take some photos to share with you.

Here are some photos of the rubbernecker booth



















Here is a closer look at some of the lovely samples that the design team created for the booth. Aren't they amazing!

It was a wonderful weekend. I had the privledge of working with Dave from Rubbernecker and Terri and Lynette. I also had a chance to meet some other gals from Splitcoast who stopped and introduced themselves. Another added bonus was GinaK's booth just across the aisle from us.
Here are a couple of photos of the demo that I worked on all weekend. I was using the Distress Inks and various other Ranger products. I'm hoping to put together a tutorial soon. I'm just waiting for my order with some of the needed supplies.






















Congrats if you read this really long post! Thanks for stopping and please come again. I'll try not to be so long winded next time!

4 comments:

Broni said...

I read every word! I loved hearing about your experience. I visited the RN booth in Greenville, SC, last year as a customer and was totally entranced with those tags. Bought everything I needed to make them and still have never even tried. I think I'll wait for your tutorial! Next month I'll be traveling down to Orlando with Sherry and Jeanne for a show! That should be a hoot! We'll meet up with Kittie and Dave and everyone else down there. This'll be my first time meeting everyone! I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

Great post and nice pictures - although nothing can compare to seeing those cards In Real Life. It was fun to meet you and work with you at the Expo. You demonstrated beautifully!

dpkennedy said...

Sounds like a great time! The tag is gorgeous! I love Rubbernecker and what a great opportunity to work with them! I was too far from any of the shows or I would have loved to volunteer. Looking forward to your tutorial! Have a great day!

Sherry Cheever said...

Beth I hate to say it, but I think this is my first visit to your blog and I love it! What a great entry about the show, I did read every word, and WOW what fun you must have had getting to meet Kay! Hopefully someday we'll get to meet.