Monday, November 10, 2008

Inspired by Caribou Coffee

I stopped at Caribou coffee the other day and was inspired by the colors on the coffee sleeve. To me the combo looked like Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip. Here's what I came up with using that color combo except I substituted Kraft for Chocolate Chip.

The basket image from Rubbernecker is stamped in Timber Brown Stazon on Very Vanilla. The greeting from Papertrey Ink is stamped in SU Riding Hood Red. The edges are sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The image is layered on SU Cool Caribbean and Kraft. The patterned paper is from the Bella Rose pack. The bottom layers were both run through my Cuttlebug (Kiwi Kiss with the Swiss Dot folder, Cool Caribbean with the Textile folder). I also used the scallop border punch on the Kiwi Kiss layer. For the finishing touch I added some faux stitches to the image panel.

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Rubbernecker, Papertrey Ink
  • Ink - SU Riding Hood Red, Stazon Timber Brown, Distress Ink Vintage Photo
  • Paper - SU Kraft, Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose DP
  • Misc - Scallop border punch, Cuttlebug and folders (Swiss Dot, Textile)

No comments: