Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Caribou Coffee Inspiration

Today I have another card using the color combo inspired by Caribou Coffee (Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip).

It was kind of fun to make some holiday cards this past weekend since it was snowing. Thankfully it was a very light snowfall that melted by the next morning. I'm not quite ready for snow!

Back to the card, I used my cuttlebug snowflake folder on whisper white and then added some vintage photo distress ink with a sponge applicator to help make the snowflakes pop. The designer paper is from the Bella Rose SU collection. The snowflakes stamped on the blue panel and green strip are from Rubbernecker. I used chipboard for the large cuttlebug snowflake then painted it white (snowcap paint dauber) and sprinkled glitter onto the wet paint. Once the paint was dry I sponged a little vintage photo over the snowflake to give it a little more aged look. I also added a gemstone to the center of the snowflake.

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Rubbernecker
  • Ink - Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, Distress Ink Vintage Photo
  • Paper - SU Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose DP, Choc Chip, Very Vanilla
  • Misc - Scallop border punch, Cuttlebug (Snowflake folder, snowflake die), Vintage rick rack, Ranger Paint dauber snowcap, glitter, paper piercer, gemstone, popdots

No comments: